Sunday, May 4, 2014

Poem : Your Eyes



Your Eyes

When I look into your eyes,
It feels like a warm summer surprise,
Gives me a that modicum of relief,
Just one look brims me up with self-belief,
That there is something only for me to treasure,
And that long look you give fills me up with pleasure

That innocence, that look you give,
Makes me feel like a helpless captive,
I love that by the way,
All the funny things I say,
Are just to make u look this a way,

Knowing that I can make you smile,
Makes every moment worth the while,
Sometimes we share just a cursory glance,
Like we had an entire conversation in advance,

Your eyes are my guiding light,
Like a beautiful starlight night,
I know you give many a look,
Each one has got me hooked,
Some can get others to fret,
But you stop me from saying something I might regret,

Your eyes are so expressive,
Just to keep looking at them seems excessive,
It’s like reading the climax of a book,
page by page … I mean look by look,
And sometimes I feel your reading mine,
Like a pantomime,
In case you haven read them yet,
You know it’s time to get set
When we next time share that moment together,
Your eyes captivating forever

- Digvijay Pande

No comments: